Wednesday, November 16, 2011

GreenBkk.com Lotus Renault GP | Robert Wickens - “The R31 feels fantastic to drive”

Robert Wickens - “The R31 feels fantastic to drive”

15/11/2011


How did you enjoy stepping into the R31 for the Abu Dhabi yound driver test today?
RW: I’m pleased with what we achieved today. I learned so much with everything, and Lotus Renault GP did an amazing job. The car really feels fantastic to drive. It has been fun and I can’t thank Lotus Renault GP enough for the opportunity they gave me to drive for the team. I’m glad I was able to drive in a car that put me towards the top of the grid. I was hoping to be in the top three today and to be third is really good.

What did the programme consist of?
RW: There were some new systems on the car and I was able to give some good feedback to help the team. The main thing for my point of view was to help the team and get some good running and gain experience.

You also tried out a new Pirelli tyre today…
RW: Yes, I was surprised how different the Pirelli Prototype 2012 was compared to the normal 2011 tyre – I did a long run at the end with heavy fuel and I was able to do a very consistent 20 lap run towards the end of the day on the soft tyre, which is a good sign for next year I think. It’s the first time I’ve been able to do consistent, long runs and to really start understanding the tyres. I trained very hard all season, prepared for this young drivers test and I’m very proud of myself. I just wish I could stay a couple more days!

Credit: Lotus Renault GP (www.lotusrenaultgp.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment