Saturday, November 26, 2011

GreenBkk.com Williams F1 | Pastor's Brazilian Q&A

Pastor's Brazilian Q&A

Posted on Friday 25 Nov 2011


The Brazilian Grand Prix is the only Formula One race in South America. That makes it the closest thing to a home race for Venezuelan Pastor Maldonado. Here’s what he has to say on the eve of the season finale.

Q: Pastor, the Brazilian Grand Prix is the closest you have to a home race…
PM: “I’m happy for that! Interlagos is going to be full of Venezuelans this weekend, both in the paddock and in the grandstands! It’s a Latin American race and it feels different to the others.”

Q: What are your first impressions of the racetrack?
PM: “I’ve never been here before and my first impressions are good. I’ve driven the track on the simulator for a day and it looks nice. I expect our car to be a little bit better at this kind of track too, with its medium and high-speed corners. I hope to have a great weekend.”

Q: This is the final race of the year. How do you reflect on your first season in F1?
PM: “It’s been a difficult season, but I’ve enjoyed it very much. We had some problems with the car at the start of the year and that affected us through the championship. But I think I’ve done a good job and I enjoy working with the team. I’ve enjoyed every single moment of the year, apart from the results!”

Q: Which race was your best?
PM: “Monaco.”

Q: Was Monaco also the biggest disappointment?
PM: “For sure, yes. Before that race, I was thinking, ‘okay, this is my track’. I did a very good race; I didn’t make a single mistake and had a really clean weekend. I was going to finish in the points, but then there was the crash with [Lewis] Hamilton. That can happen in racing. It was my best race and my biggest disappointment as well.”

Q: You’ve experienced many new circuits this year. Which were the hardest for you to learn?
PM: “Singapore was hard. It has a lot of corners and it’s also very narrow, and it takes place at night! It’s a very different experience to the normal tracks.”

Credit: at&t Williams F1 (www.williamsf1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment