Sunday, July 24, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | Schumacher made error trying to match Rosberg

Schumacher made error trying to match Rosberg

ESPNF1 Staff
July 23, 2011


Michael Schumacher: "I tried to push even harder to compensate which lead to a mistake" © Getty Images

Michael Schumacher admitted he was beaten fair and square by Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg during qualifying for the German Grand Prix and actually lost a couple of grid positions by trying to match him.

Schumacher qualified tenth for his home race and was over 1.2s off the pace of Rosberg in Q3. He said the balance of the car shifted from the final practice session and that he would have to look into why he could not match the pace of his younger team-mate.

"We did not perform to expectations this afternoon and already this morning, the car was not the one I had in my hands up to the first run in P3," he said. "It felt like I was just sliding around out there and the balance wasn't great. We had a KERS problem this morning, which we thought explained the big gap to Nico, however in qualifying I was still nearly a second away and couldn't have matched his time, so we have to analyse deeply what could be the reason for it."

He admitted the difference to Rosberg forced him into an error on his single flying lap in Q3.

"I tried to push even harder to compensate which lead to a mistake in the last chicane on my last lap, probably costing me P8," he said. "We now have to see how we can improve for tomorrow, and I will certainly try to have a good start and a race as good as possible."

Credit: ESPN F1 (en.espnf1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment