Sunday, November 07, 2010

GreenBkk Formula 1 | Peter Sauber set to retire in 2013

Peter Sauber set to retire in 2013

Peter Sauber has re-affirmed that he will not be a figure within the sport after his 70th birthday.

The 67-year old told Le Matin "I always said I wouldn't be on the pit wall with my headphones on at 70, I stand by that."

"I will, however, remain in the sport for the time being with an eye on stabilising the team, at least in a financial capacity."

The Swiss team boss is currently in the midst of choosing a new colour for his car for the 2011 season which see's Mexican telephone giant, Telmex, become a key sponsor of the team.

Sauber admits that things have been financially difficult this season with a severe lack of sponsors.

"I knew we wouldn't find a sponsor this year, BMW gave us a white car, but don't worry next year we will have sponsors. Without them, it wouldn't be viable."

Credit: The F1 Times


No comments:

Post a Comment