Saturday, December 11, 2010

GreenBkk Formula 1 | Brundle and Blundell to team up again

Brundle and Blundell to team up again


Former Formula One drivers Martin Brundle and Mark Blundell are to team up again.

No, they're not about to make a comeback in F1 or buying a team, but they are set to compete in the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona.

The two, who were team-mates at Brabham and Ligier in the early 90s, will join up with United Autosports, with chairman and co-owner Zak Brown and fellow American Mark Patterson completing the four-strong line-up.

"I've raced at the Daytona International Speedway on just two occasions and been fortunate to win and finish second (1990)," BBC's F1 expert Brundle, who won the race in 1998, said.

"From what I remember about those two races, they were physically the hardest of my career.

"Mark and I were team-mates in Formula One at Brabham (1991) and Ligier (1993), but we've never actually shared a race car together.

"So when the opportunity arose to race at Daytona, it was an easy decision."

Former Le Mans winner Blundell is looking forward to his first visit to Daytona.

"The Daytona is one of the most recognised races in the world and it will be my first attempt at this great event - I've never been to Daytona even as a spectator.

"The fact I will be co-driving with my very close friend Martin, to finally fulfil a dream the pair of us have had to drive the same car as part of the same team, is fantastic."

Credit: PlanetF1.com (www.planetf1.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment