Monday, December 20, 2010

GreenBkk Formula 1 | Schumi: No, I'm not the greatest

Schumi: No, I'm not the greatest


Michael Schumacher has finally put an end to the debate over whether he is the greatest driver to have ever raced. And the answer is "no."

With 91 grand prix victories and an unprecedented seven Drivers' Championship titles to his name, Schumacher is - statistically at least - the best driver to have ever competed in Formula One.

But given that he never raced against the likes of Juan Manuel Fangio, who claimed five World titles, and had only two full seasons up against Ayrton Senna, who won three Drivers' crowns, the debate is always on as to whether Schumacher is the best.

And now the German has weighed in on the topic.

"No, you have to talk F1 driver, there so many different categories," he told CNN when asked if he was the 'greatest driver or greatest F1 driver?'

"If you take Sports Car, DTM - my brother is doing that, I tried that, no way I could be that successful compared to what I have been in F1, I didn't have the feeling."

Another question that has always dogged the German throughout his days in Formula One is whether he is 'prepared to win at all costs?'

"No, it has to be within a frame of what's allowed, but within that frame, yes, I push things to the borderline."

Credit: PlanetF1.com (www.planetf1.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment