Thursday, December 16, 2010

GreenBkk Formula 1 | Webber never thought about leaving Red Bull

Webber never thought about leaving Red Bull


Mark Webber says he never actually thought about leaving Red Bull after the 2010 season, amid speculation he was unhappy with how he was treated by the team.

The Australian just missed out on the championship after a couple of errors in the final few races of the season, leaving his team-mate, Sebastian Vettel, to secure the crown.

"I never thought about actually going somewhere else," he said in an interview with the BBC's 5Live.

"I knew I had to sort things out within my own operation there. As I've said quite a few times, the team and myself, we all learned a lot this year about how to go racing consistently at the front and at that level."

The 34-year-old says he'll be wiping the slate clean for 2011 in the hope he can have another shot at the title, although he admitted it would yet again be an epic battle at the front.

"A lot of things happened this year which were new for the team. Sebastian is now World Champion and I need to get in position where I can try and race and beat him as often as I can again.

"That comes with Jenson [Button], Lewis [Hamilton], Fernando [Alonso], all the normal suspects who will be there.

"The reset button has been hit," he said. "We have some new regulations to get on top of.

"There are a lot of positives for me to go into a fresh season fully charged and have a crack. I have a great team of people around me and that is what we will aim to do."

Credit: The F1 Times (www.thef1times.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment