Saturday, February 05, 2011

GreenBkk.com Formula 1 | Hamilton won't change his style

Hamilton won't change his style

Lewis Hamilton got a close look at the new McLaren on Friday © Getty Images

Lewis Hamilton has insisted he will not change his driving style, even if it is not always suited to the car or conditions.

Hamilton is tuning in for the new Formula One season and was in positive mood as his McLaren team unveiled its MP4-26 car in Berlin on Friday. The 26-year-old has one championship under his belt, but he admits it could and possibly should have been more as he missed out on the title in his first season in 2007 after surrendering the lead in the concluding race.

Letting that title slip through his grasp still sticks in Hamilton's craw, but he has insisted there is no way he would have done anything differently. "I'd love to have won more races, more championships, especially that first year," he said. "I look back and it's could have, should have, would have.

"[But] I didn't get where I am today without driving this way. I've been able to win championships throughout my life, in every category I have ever competed and that's a lot of championships.

"There's been times when my driving style has not suited the car, the tyres or the tracks where I've raced. But I've always driven like this and always will. I'll always be the last to brake - it's how I am, that's what makes me who I am."

Credit: ESPN F1 (espn.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment