Sunday, October 16, 2011

GreenBkk.com Jenson Button | Third on The Grid in Korea

Third on The Grid in Korea

15.10.2011


"Congratulations to Lewis – he's been very quick and has been all weekend and I just couldn't quite get close enough to him this afternoon.

"On my final run, I think I lost some ground in the last corner: I hit the limiter at the apex and lost a bit of time, but I feel good in the car. Third position isn't where I want to start, but we can have a good race from there: there are a lot of long straights on this circuit, especially after the start. With a headwind from Turn Two to Turn Three, there could be a lot of action on the first lap – I'm looking forward to that!

“Our car is feeling good this weekend. As a team, we’ve done a great job – and I’m particularly grateful to the guys in the garage who worked extremely hard last night to switch my chassis. Thanks guys.

“We’re slightly heading into the unknown tomorrow as we haven’t run high-fuel yet. Off the line tomorrow, we’ll need to get a feel for how the cars behave on high-fuel, and then we’ve got to focus on what we’re doing to the tyres over the course of a stint.

"We have all the ingredients for a fantastic race. Even more encouragingly, if we continue this way, fighting for poles and wins, then it'll be a really good way to end the season and the perfect basis for 2012."

Q1 2nd - 1m37.929s (on Primes)
Q2 4th - 1m37.302s (on Options)
Q3 3rd overall - 1m36.126s (on Options)

Credit: Jenson Button (www.jensonbutton.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment