Monday, October 17, 2011

GreenBkk.com Lotus Renault GP | VITALY PETROV – “I APOLOGISED TO MICHAEL, IT WAS ABSOLUTELY MY FAULT”

VITALY PETROV – “I APOLOGISED TO MICHAEL, IT WAS ABSOLUTELY MY FAULT”

17/10/2011


Give us your verdict on the race?
Vitaly Petrov: I tried to defend my position from Fernando but I was in the braking zone on the dirty side of the track which meant I locked my wheels and hit Michael. I was focused on my battle with Fernando as there was potential for me to be ahead of him. We both braked too late as he missed the corner too. I apologised to Michael, it was not his fault, it was absolutely my fault – once my wheels were locked there was nothing I could do about it.

Up until then your race was going smoothly…
VP: Yes, up until that point I was happy with our strategy and how the race was going. It’s unfortunate it ended there but that’s racing, and I’ll look to pull it together for the Indian GP.

Are you looking forward to India?
VP: Yes, it’s somewhere none of us have raced and it will be a step into the unknown. I like new challenges, and it will certainly be just that.

Bruno Senna’s reaction after the Korean GP, click here
To view the race classification, click here

Credit: Lotus Renault GP (www.lotusrenaultgp.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment