Thursday, October 13, 2011

GreenBkk.com Mark Webber | Mark’s Korean Grand Prix Preview

Mark’s Korean Grand Prix Preview

POSTED ON October 14th, 2011


MARKWEBBER_REV_V_CMYK

With back-to-back races in Japan and Korea, it’s been a busy week for Mark. After finishing in a fighting fourth place at Suzuka on Sunday, he had to turn his attention to this weekend’s race at Yeongam almost immediately.

“It’s a busy week for everyone in F1,” says Mark, “but I’ve still managed to enjoy myself. I went to Tokyo for a couple of days after the race and I had a good time. I caught up with Jenson [Button] on Monday and enjoyed the whole of my stay there. Actually, that was my best trip to Japan. I haven’t spent too much time there in the past and I had a good time.”

Mark is looking forward to driving at the Korean International Circuit again. He liked the layout from the outset last year and he qualified second, 0.074s behind team-mate Seb Vettel.

“It’s a good little circuit,” he says. “The corners come thick and fast at various points on the track, but there are also a couple of long straights. We’ll be using the DRS along the second half of the longest straight, which should help overtaking.

“They’ve made a couple of small changes since last year. They’ve moved the barrier at the last corner back a bit, which is a good thing, and I’m told they’ve made changes to some of the kerbs. Once again tyres are going to be crucial this weekend, but that’s been the case all year because it’s the first time that we’ve gone to these venues with the Pirelli tyres.”

Mark will be keeping his eye on two other big sporting events this weekend. One takes place in New Zealand, where Australia are playing the All Blacks in the semi-finals of the Rugby World Cup, and the other is at Phillip Island, where Casey Stoner will be trying to win the Australian Grand Prix and clinch his second Moto GP World Championship.

“The rugby will be my first priority,” says Mark. “Australia – New Zealand is a huge game. But I’ll be keeping a close eye on events at Phillip Island as well because Casey is usually unbeatable around that racetrack. Whether he wins the world title will depend on where Jorge [Lorenzo] finishes.”

Credit: Mark Webber (www.markwebber.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment