Friday, January 14, 2011

GreenBkk Formula 1 | Alonso: Felipe and I must work as one

Alonso: Felipe and I must work as one


Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa have moved to dispel any thoughts that the two of them don't get along, especially following the team-order saga of Hockenheim.

The two drivers, currently on vacation at the Wrooom media event, spoke about one another, expressing only respect.

"I have an excellent relationship with Felipe, better than what people see from outside," said Fernando. "This week we're here to ski together and in the evening we play poker, which says a lot [about our relationship]."

The Spaniard is hoping the two of them can work together to become one, improving their chances of developing the 2011 car during the pre-season tests, of which they will share equally.

"We do everything that two team-mates and two professionals must do, also because we need each other," he added. "For example, in the 15 days of testing that we have available before the start of the championship we will have to divide up the work.

"Each of us will have to give 100% to help the team develop the car, beginning or completing the work of the other, depending on the programme. We will have to be practically one driver made up of two different people."

The Brazilian, whilst emphasising the need to be ahead of Alonso, also expressed a mutual respect for his fellow team-mate.

"I have a great respect for Fernando: we have a good relationship, we work very well together and there are no problems at all," said Felipe.

"It's clear that I want to be ahead of him but that is normal. In 2010, I didn't manage it because I wasn't comfortable with the tyres but I hope to battle with him this year," he explained. "I'm perfectly prepared for that. We will have the same treatment, as has always been the case at Ferrari. I feel very focused and have faith in my chances."

Credit: The F1 Times (www.thef1times.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment