Wednesday, September 21, 2011

GreenBkk.com Jerome D’Ambrosio | 3 QUESTIONS TO JEROME BEFORE SINGAPORE

3 QUESTIONS TO JEROME BEFORE SINGAPORE

21 Sep 2011

Jerome, what are your feelings before this Singapore GP?

I am very excited and cannot wait to race here. Singapore is where everything began one year ago for me when I did my first official lap as a F1 test driver for Marussia Virgin. A lot of things happened since this first day in F1… It is good to be back as an official F1 driver for the same team. I want to give my best and we will see what will be the result.

Do you think the new evolutions on the car will help you to limit the gap with Team Lotus?

We really hope so. We could see during the qualifying session in Monza that the gap was smaller than before and we think that the Italian track was not the best to see the real results of these new evolutions. Timo could give a lot of information collected during the race in Monza. For me, it was a very frustrating end of weekend after a good qualifying session. F1 stays a motor sport and we have to accept sometimes a technical problem even with a very reliable car.

Monza was also the place where a new main sponsor was announced for you. Tell us more about Soleco, your new Belgian partner.

I am very proud to have this new partnership and this first 100% Belgian company which is supporting me. I really thank them and their CEO for the trust they showed in our project. Soleco is active in the green energy world and it is a matter which is interesting me a lot. With the help of Gravity and Soleco, I am now a 100% green F1 driver and I hope it will be a new trend followed by others. It is very important to act responsibly and I really hope this project and our project in a whole will attract other Belgian companies to support us. 2012 is tomorrow…

Good luck JDA for Singapore GP and see you before Korea…

Credit: Jerome D’Ambrosio (www.jeromedambrosio.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment