Wednesday, September 21, 2011

GreenBkk.com Sergio Perez | Sergio “Checo” Pérez confident in a good result at Singapore

Sergio “Checo” Pérez confident in a good result at Singapore

Tuesday, 20 de September de 2011

From Monza to Singapore means even more than the difference between day and night. Opposite to what was needed for the Italian high speed track, the spectacular city circuit at the Marina Bay of the Asian metropolis requires a car configuration which secures a lot of downforce for the 23 corners. The circuit doesn’t forgive any driver errors, and the floodlit race on September 25th takes maximum concentration.

About this, Sergio “Checo” Pérez, From the Track, comments:

“I believe the Singapore city circuit could be a good one for us. Actually I have not raced there yet, but I did a lot of work in the simulator and, knowing our car.

I really hope we can have a positive weekend there. We obviously need to score points to get back our sixth position in the World Championship.

I have done some night racing in Qatar when I was in GP2. It is a very special feeling if you live at night and it can also be fun.

I will arrive from Zurich, which means I come from the European time zone and then for the night race you actually just stick to that and don’t go onto local time.

Regarding the city of Singapore, I only had a quick look around during a stop-over, so I can’t say much about it as this was only a few hours. This time I will make sure I come early enough to discover a bit more about it”.

Credit: Sergio Perez (sergioperezf1.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment