Thursday, November 17, 2011

GreenBkk.com Jenson Button | Another Podium in Abu Dhabi

Another Podium in Abu Dhabi

16.11.2011


“It was a difficult race for me, as I had a KERS Hybrid issue, which is admittedly very rare for us. After about 15 laps it stopped working – and that doesn’t just affect your power out of the corners, it affects engine braking too.

“Fortunately, my engineer came over the radio and told me they’d found a way to make it work again – but it meant pushing lots of buttons on the steering wheel every couple of laps because it only returned intermittently. So I’d arrive at a corner and not know whether I had any engine braking because I had no warning. So selecting the right spot at which to brake was tough.

“Still, as I say, it’s extremely rare for us to encounter a problem with our KERS Hybrid. Mercedes-Benz has done a great job this year, and in fact I’d say theirs is the best and most reliable unit in the pitlane: a fantastic system, in fact. So as I say it was a rare issue – and, although the problem made for a tricky drive for me, it also made it even more satisfying to manage to keep it together and end up on the podium.

“Last of all, I want to say: ‘Fair play to Lewis.’ He did a great job today. It’s very positive to move towards the end of the season on a high, because it’s the best possible way to build for the new season.”


Started: 3rd

Finished: 3rd

Fastest lap: 1m43.154s (+0.542s, 2nd)

Pitstops: Two: laps 16 and 36 (Op-Op-Pr)

2011 points: 255 (2nd)

Credit: Jenson Button (www.jensonbutton.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment