Sunday, November 13, 2011

GreenBkk.com Lotus Renault GP | Vitaly Petrov - “I think tyre degradation will play a significant role today”

Vitaly Petrov - “I think tyre degradation will play a significant role today”

13/11/2011


How would you rate your qualifying efforts?
VP: Well, overall we have had a difficult weekend. Friday was challenging as we had a few mechanical problems (steering rack then an electrical component). From there on we were up against it, especially at a track where we are not expected to be high flyers. To be frank, I think we took the absolute maximum from our car in qualifying. We couldn’t have expected any miracles, and I am generally happy with P12 on the grid because I know that both I and the team did all that we could do.

The Yas Marina Circuit is not a track naturally suited to the R31 then…
VP: No, setting a competitive lap time at this circuit is tough. That was evident on Friday and Saturday.

What are your thoughts ahead of the race?
VP: Today will be a demanding day for us; people have said that the tyre degradation will be lower than at many tracks but I’m not so sure – I think it will play a significant role. The race will be long, and we will have to select the right tactics to ensure we come away from this weekend with something positive.

Credit: Lotus Renault GP (www.lotusrenaultgp.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment