Tuesday, August 30, 2011

GreenBkk.com Jaime Alguersuari | Unless I took off my hands of the wheel, they would have been broken... better days are ahead

Unless I took off my hands of the wheel, they would have been broken... better days are ahead

August 28 2011


We struggled to meet Jaime Alguersuari because, although he has watched the Grand Prix on television, he felt very upset. Just before leaving Spa he told us the following:

"Luckily we are two hours away the incident. I was really angry. Not with Senna because Formula 1 is an average and there is always someone who loses his head at some point and does not control the pulsations of his heart, no matter who he is.

Today I made a perfect start, immaculate, very fast. I had overtaken Webber and I was fifth, I was in the middle of the curve, with Alonso on my left and nobody on my right. I was turning right, preparing to accelerate and start the descent towards Eau Rouge, when suddenly, I do not know where or how, I have been struck with great violence, so had I not taken my hands off the wheel immediately, they would have been broken. The energy of the impact was so high that moved my car and to collide with Alonso, whose rear wheel broke my left suspension.

If that had happened a split of a second before, Senna would have achieved a ‘Strike' and finish with both mine and Alonso's race. Therefore let's move ahead and forget what happened.

I'll take the best of this weekend: I feel as strong as anyone and I feel capable to win a Grand Prix if the car allows me to do so. I'll see you in Monza".


Jaime Alguersuari
F1 Pilot

Credit: Jaime Alguersuari (www.jalguersuari.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment