Thursday, November 17, 2011

GreenBkk.com Jenson Button | 2nd Place in India!

2nd Place in India!

30.10.2011


“In terms of team effort, we did everything right today – our car just wasn’t quite quick enough to actually win.

“I got a good start, made up places on the first lap and then settled down to keep Mark [Webber] behind me for five or six laps. Eventually, I think we ‘broke’ his rear tyres, which enabled me to establish a gap. Then I could set about Seb [Vettel] – but it was very difficult to close him down.

“At the final stop, it was a risk going to the harder tyre earlier than Seb, but we had to give it a go and it worked pretty well as I was able to close him down by a further three seconds. My car felt really good: before Seb could find his rhythm on the Prime, I was able to get the gap down to 2.8 seconds, but it wasn’t quite enough.

“Still, this was a very good result for us – and I think we delivered the maximum possible. I loved the whole experience this weekend. And I think every driver will be excited about coming back here because it’s such a phenomenal circuit; fast and flowing with a bit of everything. It gets a big tick from me.

“The Indian people have really welcomed us to their country; I’ve never seen so many people smiling before. And the crowd has been wonderful. I hope that Formula 1 grows in India in the future and that we get an even bigger crowd here next year.”


JENSON BUTTON

MP4-26A-01

Started: 4th

Finished: 2nd

Fastest lap: 1m27.967s (+0.718s, 4th)

Pitstops: Two: laps 18 and 46 (Op-Op-Pr)

2011 points: 240 (2nd)

Credit: Jenson Button (www.jensonbutton.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment